Happy Easter Day Celebrations Sa: Pop John Paul II
Easter also called Pasch or Resurrection Sunday,is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by Romans at Calvary c. 30 AD. It is the culmination of the Passion of Christ, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a forty-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.
The week before Easter is called Holy Week, and it contains the days of the Easter Triduum, including Maundy Thursday, commemorating the Maundy and Last Supper,as well as Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion and death of Jesus.In western Christianity, Eastertide, the Easter Season, begins on Easter Sunday and lasts seven weeks, ending with the coming of the fiftieth day, Pentecost Sunday. In Orthodoxy, the season of Pascha begins on Pascha and ends with the coming of the fortieth day, the Feast of the Ascension.
(Vatican Radio) On April 2nd, we marked ten years since the death of Saint John Paul II. But the memory of this giant figure in the history of the Catholic Church, whose pontificate lasted over a quarter of a century, is still with us. So too are Vatican Radio recordings of his homilies, speeches and messages. Among them one in English going back to April 1993 in which he wishes us a ‘Happy Easter’.
Easter Messages Sms
- May you and your family be blessed with countless blessings from the Lord. May your life be transformed magically into something beautiful and magical. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.
- May you be blessed with God’s warm love and trust in his living grace this Easter.
- May you be renewed and strengthened in the promise of our Lord. Have a blessed and wonderful Easter!
- May you feel love and happiness during this holiday. Have a wonderful Easter!
- May your Easter be filled with bright feelings and may your heart be filled with the joy of the holiday.
- May your Easter be filled with lots of Easter eggs, presents from the Easter bunny, blessings from Jesus Christ and most of all happiness that lasts for a life time. I’m sending lots of love on your way. Happy Easter to you.